09 November 2012

Sensible

Two days out from racing (though my pre-entry hasn't been recorded yet... perhaps I shouldn't have said anything about not 'targeting' the SSS this year?) is an excellent time to go to the gym, no? Especially after not having been for just over a week (after having said that I wasn't 'tapering' because it'd mean I wouldn't get to the gym. But still, had I not gone today, it'd have ended up being 2 weeks...)

So squats were a bit tough. Especially the first workset, because my technique just wasn't dialled in well. I got them all up, but they weren't pretty, and no two reps were the same! Next 2 sets were much better, but endurance wasn't so good - 5th rep in the 2nd set I lost my hamstring tension, knees slid forward, and I really had to battle it back up. But it got there, and the third set was pretty good - still really tough though.

Because I'm sensible, and because I was so rooted, I did powercleans instead of deadlifts. They actually felt pretty good, timing on the jump was on, and I was brushing my thigh on the way up. Good-o!

S: 3x5x142.5
B: 3x5x72.5
PC: 3x4x67.5

No comments:

Post a Comment