19 February 2012

Rammstein

Which is not to say that I murdered today in the gym. I did set a new squat PR though, so that's good, though I shan't get too excited - I reckon I've got at least another 20kgs in me, though losing weight may impinge upon that.

No, it's more because I came out of it feeling really quite good. Sore, but in the best possible way. And I've got a solid setup going forward. Essentially, for the next little bit my training will look like this:

Monday: Gym.
Tuesday: 2x10km rides, with a beast of a climb in the morning (~2kms @ 6%, ~500m of it @ ~11%) and a 5min 45-50km/hr threshold effort on the way back. No, it's not sprint training, but it's what I've got, so might as well make the most of it!
Wednesday: Rest.
Thursday: Gym.
Friday: See Tuesday.
Saturday: Rest.
Sunday: Spin or track training.

I don't always like structure, but sometimes, particularly for training purposes, it's good.

Today's actual session (yes, it was out of 'sync', but that will change) wasn't that exciting - 3x5x132.5 squats, couldn't quite grind out 3x5 @ 75 for bench, and reset powercleans (again!) to 70kg to improve form.

But you know, I only care about squats and deadlift. Everything else is accessory work as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment