23 February 2012

Um.

I'm not going to rabbit on about commuting riding, because it's not really training. Just exercising. Going up a hill at 9km/hr cannot, in any sense, be considered to be sprint or strength training. Nor can holding 50km/hr for 5 minutes (~-2%).

Anyway, gym. 135kg squats went up fairly well, form felt fairly good and depth felt fine. Will take the camera next time just to check though.

Press was hard, back up to 57kg. I wore the belt, just to see if it would make much, or any, difference. I'm not sure it did. It may have done, but it's hard to feel it. All 15 went up though, might switch just to 1kg jumps now though!

Deadlifts didn't get up. My back was just uninterested in setting strong for some reason. That tends to be the way they fail - either not at all, or absolutely. I'm going to switch the schedule up, do bench on deadlift day and press on powerclean day, see what (if any) difference that makes to lower-back fatigue.

I'm considering doing a 10-week course of kung-fu on Saturday afternoons. So that would round out the schedule nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment