03 February 2012

Last minute...

So back out on the track today for a very quick session - as in, 15 minutes! New DA wheel nuts on the rear, and a new chain, so wanted to check that they were nice and settled in as well as getting a couple of jumps in.

So I rolled around for a bit, slowly taking it up to about 35, before slowing for a 1/4 lap powerjump from ~15km/hr - no problems, all felt nice and solid. So I rolled around a little more, rested for a couple of minutes, and then did a Flying 200 windup and jump, see how things felt accelerating from about 40km/hr. Again, felt solid, though I didn't continue the acceleration past the 200 line. The new setup (with chain 1 link longer than the old chain) accommodates 82" to (at least) 102" so I've got a good range, with scope for going higher if I want.

Otherwise I'm just looking forward to Sunday - might do a couple of little HCLRs tomorrow, but nothing more than that. I've actually got quite a busy day, otherwise I'd get down to watch the TT and pursuits, but as it is I'll just have to wait until the sprints! Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment