31 January 2012

Circling...

After so much time in the gym, it felt funny to be having just my second session in 12 days! I could well feel the difference, too, as my back wasn't as solid as it has been - my first set of squats at 130kg had 2 reps where my back rounded - though not nearly as bad as the last time I got to this point. So I belted up for the last 2 sets, and felt more solid with something to push against, though each set had one slightly wonky rep. Otherwise they all felt quite good, and I was happy with the effort. Should be back to setting PRs next week!

Bench was 72.5 and no problems after a couple of reps with uneven drive in the first set.

Deadlifts though, just couldn't get 'em. 172.5 again, and this time my back let me down; mostly fatigue I think, and perhaps not quite enough mental commitment. Watching the video my back doesn't even start off solid - it goes from flat to rounded the moment I begin pulling up on the bar. I tried resetting, and got one rep up, but even that was ugly. These things happen, and technically I'm tapering, so no drama. I really want to make sure I get them next time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment