24 January 2012

Inspector Sardine

Gym. Gym gym gym. Maybe I should take up powerlifting instead. But I think I'll enter the Vic Masters. Why not, eh?

127.5kg squat, and after the first set was kinda wonky - no two reps were the same, it felt like - had a better groove for the last two sets and they went up no problems, back felt good.

Press at 55 and I underestimated it - almost didn't get through the first set. Second set I recovered but still struggled, but third set went up strong. I realised afterwards that although it's a reset, it's only 2.5kgs shy of my best so it's not exactly light. Pondering what increments I should take now - perhaps 1kg, down from 2.5kg. Press is a bit tricky that way.

Powercleans were set and going well, but got called away (literally) before the workset. Going to have to reset it to 75kgs I think.

With any luck I'll actually get on the track on Tuesday, just to remind myself what a bike is before next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment