28 January 2012

Well well well...

I wasn't going to bother posting, but decided that I might as well - just had a quick spin session today, nothing too exciting (it may be apparent that I'm far over posting about spin sessions) though I hit over 80km/hr twice, which is fun at least. No, really it's just a note that it's a smidgen over a week until the Vic Masters, and I've entered the sprint. So that should be fun. Neil and Nic, who are both Masters 1 also, have entered, so there are at least three of us there - there are another couple of 'elite' riders who I don't really know, and everyone else (so far) is in Masters 2 and above. Neil I know I can't beat in a straight-out race at least 99 times out of 100, so it would take a freak to beat him if we race, and Nic I haven't beaten outside of training as yet, though it's been close. Both are doing the Kilo the day before, though I doubt that will be enough to give me a sufficient edge in itself!

Hmm. Just looked up the other rider currently registered for the sprint who's not >MMAS2 - Brett Rollinson. Turns out he's a bit of a star! And a Masters 1 rider - or at least, he was last year. Rode a 12.224 qualifier at the Country Track champs in November, and went on to win Gold. He's also done all sorts of enduro stuff to great acclaim. So. Given that I'll be happy to break 13s for the 200 (though I'm aiming, perhaps wildly optimistically, for something closer to 12.5) perhaps I need to make sure that I approach this with the right attitude! Not, mind you, that I'm just there for the experience (though I am) let alone make up numbers, but that I'm going to have to race smart and push to my utmost to garner a result, 'cause wishin' and hopin' ain't gunna get me nowhere!

Oh, and I don't know what to wear - anyone know if my Team Splat! jersey would be okay? Given that CA couldn't confirm for me if a Masters licence (as opposed to an Elite licence) would even allow me to race in the Vic Masters, and their website info is confusing (and sometimes contradictory!) I feel like I should take three different jerseys, including a commuter yellow one, just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment