21 January 2012

Pomplamoose

About as hard as it gets, baby. I went in feeling a bit tired and a bit stiff, not quite feeling it, so after not using the belt at all on Monday I used it for two sets of squats, figuring it were better to provide the support (and the tactile cues) to keep the back solid than to risk not having the right energy to keep a good position. And it worked well enough - 125kgs felt much, much harder than 122.5, but I'm neither surprised nor concerned given how I was feeling. The next workout at 127.5 will be important to keep me feeling that I'm on track and that I've conquered my squat demons. I'm only 5kg away from getting back to where I was when I reset, and feeling much better about it this time around.

Bench, reset to 70kgs, no problems there. The only rep I really had to push was the 15th!

Again, I was intending to do powercleans and again ran out of time. Which is annoying. Set up deadlifts to 172.5, and couldn't get the 5th one past my knees despite trying twice - I just couldn't get set strong. I was very tired by that point, so I'm not fussed, I know I can do it.

And one chinup. Getting closer to a second, slowly. If I ever have time again in the gym, I should give myself 10 minutes after deadlift/powerclean to actually rest and then see what I can do!

Oh, and no track. I never realised how difficult it was going to be during the school holidays without sufficient selfishness. I didn't even know about aboc involvement in Junior Track champs, I'm so far out of the loop. Ah well. I hear they done good.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, my first shpam! How I do move up in the world.

    ReplyDelete