16 January 2012

Post Title.

A bit of a funny session this one - despite being there for over two and a half hours, I didn't get a full workout in - I had to skip the Press workset because we had to go. My partner has started training, and Carl was helping her, and I'm not used to having to work in with people so wasn't doing it very efficiently. Still, half an hour between sets one and two of my squats is rather excessive!

But to backtrack slightly first, missed out on track training on Sunday due to disappearing wheel nuts. Still haven't found them, so will miss Tuesday, too. And next Sunday there's a(n extended) family birthday party. Is there, I wonder at this point, any reason to even enter the Vic Masters? Sure, a bit of a layoff can help one sharpen up, but by the time I get to them, I'll have done enough training in two months to count on the fingers of one hand...

Anyway, squats were 122.5kg and better, coach gave the green light. I did lose it slightly on a couple, but generally my back felt more solid. I'm very conscious of not giving in to the temptation to 'collapse' because it's at this point previously that I took the weights up too quickly and ended up doing 15 goodmornings. Well, perhaps not quite, but I really need to work hard on strengthening my back. I feel like I've got good form, I don't need to change anything there, I just need to make sure that my back stays solid every rep.

Press as mentioned I just did the warmup. I was tempted to try a 1RM, but that would have been silly when I'm resetting, and it's no great drama to miss it this once.

Deadlift... well, does 5 days between constitute a 'break'? Apparently it does! 170kg on the bar, a gym full of distraction, and they went up (what felt to me like) beautifully! Okay, the 4th rep I lost my grip and I couldn't really hold it solid at the top - but it got to the top! I reset carefully for the 5th rep, gripped harder and pulled it up nice and smooth, no hitching, not even slowing really. I love deadlifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment