11 January 2012

Ziggy Stardust

Now I'm just being completely random. Back in the gym again, back to moving metal. And rubber.

Squats 117.5, starting to feel heavier again. Lost my groove once or twice, but otherwise they felt fairly solid, and depth is still okay, so next session I get back to the 120kg mark, and for now it's feeling much more solid. Hopefully I'll be able to continue that back up past 130!

Press at 60kg, and it's just a bit too much - basically did sets of 3! I was feeling okay on the first set, but then let the bar get out in front of me on the 3rd rep, struggled it up, and had nothing left for a fourth. My setup at the bottom is bothersome, as I either have the bar on my delts and back on the fingertips, or in my hands and hovering. The first is seeing me having bent wrists as I roll the bar in to the hands, and the second is too tiring to hold there and reset at the bottom, rather than holding at the top and bouncing at the bottom. Anyway, I'll reset back to 55 and see what we can do!

Again I ran out of time for cleans and so did deadlifts - 3rd heavy set in a week! Not the best idea, and it was a bit too much - I got 167.5kg up 5 times, but the last two were hitched up. So I'll absolutely definitely do cleans next time, and take a bit of a rest from deads for a week, let me recover a bit!

Finished with a chinup - tried from a dead hang, but that was a bridge too far. Perhaps I should just aim to get a set of 5, feet on the floor, knees bent but not jumping, then try for dead hangs... probably a smoother progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment