23 November 2011

Do not Spin. Do not collect $200

Well today was meant to be some spin, but instead I had an interview to go to and a 20km return ride. Not too bad, but it turned out to be enough for me - 308 metres of climbing is hardly epic, but when most of it is packed in to 2.5kms of 7-10%, it's enough to do me. Have I mentioned that I don't do hills any more? Not that I ever really did, but now even less so! Still, these are hills I'm going to have to tame - not to get up them in a minimum time, but at minimum HR. I was quite happy to do my recovery ride on Tues at an average of only 127 bpm, and fancied that it indicated that I was getting used to such a ride again after ages of not doing it. An average of 151 bpm at an average moving speed of only 21km/hr (including the 70km/hr descent on the way back!) indicates a distance to go yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment