20 December 2011

Beethoven's 9th

And herein begins the Ode to Joy...

Well, not really, but things are still progressing in the gym, which is satisfying. I missed training at DISC on Sunday due to lack of time/funds, so I needed a good session today to make me not feel fat and slow. Okay, 105kgs on the squat, not very exciting, and today it didn't feel all that smooth, either - felt like I was still shuffling around a little, trying to find the right groove. But they went up.

Bench up to 75kg now, and though it was a bit more of a strain than last week, only the very last rep required genuine teeth-gritted pushing up - I may have even closed my eyes. Otherwise they went up okay, though the bar path wasn't as well controlled as it has been.

Powercleans at 77.5, and frankly they weren't that pretty either. The weight itself didn't feel too heavy though, which was nice. Strength continues to grow, form was just off today for everything. These days happen, and today it happened without a miss on anything. Hoping to get a spin in on Thursday and then back to the gym over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment