20 January 2013

Kinglake

Wait, what? What was I thinking?? Or not thinking. Anyway, I rode up Kinglake. I know, for the average cyclist, nothing special. Perhaps something you'd do on a lark to wile away a lazy 15 minutes. But I've not ridden up any sort of mountain for... oh, a couple of years, probably. Steep hills, yes, but not kilometres-long constant climbs. And... well, I'm 114kg of non-slow-twitch fibres. My time fell in the 4th Strava percentile. I'm sure it's good for me, or something. Except perhaps my right quad, just above the knee - the vastus medialis, to be more precise. Bit sore, needed ice. But I'll live.

Oh, and I picked up a chin-up bar - the kind that hangs on your doorway. Seems okay so far. And, well, so long as it breaks in preference to breaking the house, however long it lasts will be good - only cost me $2.25!

No comments:

Post a Comment