01 September 2011

Joe Satriani

Because there's nothing like a guitar master to signal where I'm at right now with my lifting. That's right, I'm pyrotechnic but I can't sing for shit. Erm. Wait.

Squat up to 110kg today, and it still feels solid. Getting harder and harder, and I had to really work to keep my back straight, chest forward - without succeeding on every rep. At the same time, I didn't fold, didn't fail, and wasn't doing good mornings. 115kg on Saturday? I can do it!

Press at 55kg... well, 14 out of 15 ain't bad! Just couldn't quite get the 15th up - got it above my head, but didn't maintain momentum through the moment of parallel, and couldn't get it restarted. The 5th rep of each set was tough, but the previous two I got up. Rest seemed okay, about 7 minutes, but maybe I should extend that to 10 minutes for the next attempt.

Deadlift... oooh boy! 130kgs is damnably heavy. Still went up using a double overhand grip, but it didn't really feel secure until I hooked the thumbs under on the third rep - it was still heavy, but didn't feel so much in danger of slipping. Only 5 reps, only 650kg total versus the 1650kgs of the squat, but I can tell you that the deadlift depletes the entire body like nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment