13 September 2011

Metallica

That's right, it's all starting to get a bit heavy now!

125kg on the squat, and it felt... well, pretty good, really. I do need a form check, because it's a bit harder to be certain about the combination of depth and chest up/straight back now. It's rather obvious when the back rounds, but not so obvious when I don't get full depth - or, rather, I feel like the depth was fine on all of them, but that makes one nervous because one has no variation from which to make a relative judgement - maybe they were all bad?

Anyway. Squat. Is heavy. First rep (actually, since about 105kgs, not just now) I feel like I can barely unrack the bar and that I might fall over, and wonder how on Earth I can possibly get back up if I commit to that first squat! But I do it, and it is good, and then I try to do it 14 more times. Oi, vey.

Press. Is 55kg. Is success! Only just though. On each set after 2 or 3 reps I switched from starting from a dead stop at the bottom, to starting from the top and trying to use the 'bounce' at the bottom. I'm not sure how much it helped, really. But I got all 15 up, and that's the main thing. 57.5 is going to be a struggle though!

Deadlift. Oh boy. Damnably, damnably heavy. 140kgs. 5 times. It went up, but for the first time the bar felt like it didn't really want to leave the floor. I kept repeating to myself "If the bar leaves the floor, the legs and back (and everything else!) can take it the rest of the way." I'd like to thank my eyes for their contribution to the lift!

No comments:

Post a Comment