20 September 2011

Slayer

Ah, that's better! 130kg squat, up and down 15 times, all groovy. Well, not entirely certain about depth on a couple, but I think they were okay, and the groove was pretty good today. I think it might be prudent to switch to 2.5kg jumps now, but I'll speak to the coach about that one...

Bench, back up to 65kgs, and felt pretty good. It's getting hard after the squat to back straight up to bench or press, which means that the length of the workout is getting a bit extravagant!

Powercleans, up to 75kg but form broke down pretty badly and I only completed one set. After finding a great groove a couple of weeks ago, I've lost it again and it's just too damn heavy now to get up without doing it properly. So I suspect resetting might be an idea, get that groove back, and work it back up again. But again, something for the coach to advise on...

2 comments:

  1. these are some nice numbers dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm generally pretty happy with them, though it's been nearly three weeks since Carl's seen my squat so I'm hoping not to have a nasty surprise on Saturday!

    Still got my eyes on your deadlift too, though I have a 20kg advantage on you (about the only area extra weight is an advantage as a cyclist... and it's not even 'cyclic')

    ReplyDelete