08 September 2011

Aerosmith

120kg of squatting goodness. Which just sounds so wrong. Again, damnably heavy, but it went up okay - except for about 3 reps with not-so-good form. They still went up, just not as well! The bar is so heavy now that I can't correct form problems mid-lift like I used to, so it's vitally important to get in to the right groove during the warmup sets. That's getting better, but I need to be more careful with it - not pushing the hips back far enough is particularly problematic. And very very soon, I may not be able to recover a mistake like that.

Bench... meh. Reset time. I was a bit rushed, but even from my final warmup set at 55kg I was pretty sure it wasn't going to go. Only got through one set at 70kg, but no drama. Don't really need big chesticles for the bike!

Powercleans up to 70kg, and while they weren't very 'clean', they went up okay. Caught a few on my hands today, rather than my delts, which I haven't been doing so much lately. I was really running out of time by this point, and so that combined with losing a bit of focus probably contributed. That, and it's getting heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment