19 October 2011

Judas Priest

Well this one was another virtual repeat - everything's been reset!

Squats back to 120, and I made a point of at least starting with a better back position. I didn't keep it that way though, and still the form doesn't seem great. Not really bad, and there was little upper back rounding, for example. But every time I got down near parallel my lower back would round. But I guess at least I'm more aware of it, and it's something I can continue to work on as I take the weight back up.

Bench I did 65kg again, which actually makes three sessions in a row I've successfully done 65kgs. Time to take it up, perhaps?

Powercleans up to 65, and again I felt a nice rhythm - at least, after the first 2 or 3 of the first set. The second and third set went up really cleanly, nice powerful jump and shoulder action, so I'm happy with that.

It should also be noted that since starting lifting (and going low-carb/high protein) I've actually dropped 7kgs or so. Still at least 12kgs to go, but it's heading in the right direction. As noted though, it might make it unlikely that my lifts will increase much over the summer period. But next winter, look out! 2xBW squat, you're mine...

2 comments:

  1. Re back in squats, I'm on the same journey.

    Carl pointed to this vid from Rip
    http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/platform_the_squat_bar_position

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, saw that video a couple of days ago when it was posted on FB - very helpful in that it confirmed that I was carrying the bar too low, and told me what to do about it!

    This video http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/platform_lower_back_position_control is what made me really pay attention to my lower back - after starting off being careful at both ends, I kinda crept to ignoring my lower back and worrying about my upper back - and carrying the bar low made that worse, as it stopped me squatting back far enough.

    ReplyDelete