20 August 2011

Racing? What's that?

Tonight was my first race since the last round of the Summer Sprint Series, so I was just looking forward to remembering how to race (or, continuing to learn!) after a few months of just training. There were only two races - a 275m dash from a held start and a keirin - the dash had two heats, the keirin just a single heat/final.

Results-wise I did okay, but nothing special - 2nd in my dash heat, 3rd in the keirin, 3rd in the dash final, each time a bike-length or two back. I had a top speed of 56.5 in the dashes and 57.8 in the keirin, all on 92". I made a couple of minor mistakes - didn't grab a wheel aggressively when I should have, didn't leave a gap I should have, that sort of thing. I didn't do anything stupid though, and it woke some memories of the differences between training and racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment