04 June 2011

Squatting in the Haus

ABOC Powerhaus, that's where I was this morning! And let me tell you, I absolutely carved it up - 40kg, you hear? Like to see anyone beat that!

Suffice to say it was mostly a familiarisation session, just getting used to the low-bar squat, which I've never done, and letting my muscles know what they're going to be in for. Shouldn't be much in the way of DOMS, but I've got some ROLS - Rapid Onset Ligament Soreness. Mostly my form was okay, but I was turning my knees in a bit on a few and that's left the ligament (ACL? Couldn't be bothered looking it up) on the outside of each knee a bit sore. Should be fine by tomorrow for DISC-y goodness though.

Oh:

Squat:
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
3x5x40kg

Press:
3x5x20kg

Plus 36kms ride there and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment